Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Mid-Life Crisis

This might be the first of many posts on this subject.

I am turning 40 in 58 days (but who's counting) and I'm not too happy about it. Even as I sit back and read that last sentence, it is hard for me to believe I am going to be 40. When I look in the mirror, I still see an early twenty something looking back at me.

I have heard about mid-life crises but never really understood what it might be like. Now, I'm not out looking for a younger woman because I value my life too much and I know Shelley isn't kidding when she says she would kill me in my sleep. Also, I'm not looking to go out and buy a little red sports car because I am too cheap for that. But, I am having the urge to change something or open a new chapter in my life, I just don't know what that might be.

Maybe instead of a "crisis" it is an "opportunity". To be continued..

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Wonder if there is a medicine you can take for this? :-)

Anonymous said...

Don't take things too light heartedly. The key word in that term is "CRISIS". It isn't your problem, its your entire family's problem. It isn't about feeling old or young. It is about feeling and getting lost. Make sure you stay found.