Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Old Friends

A few weeks ago I got an email from an old friend, Mark Mrky.  Mark and I were best friends when I was in the 5th and 6th grade, but, we moved from Iowa to Kearney.  We maintained the friendship through letters for about a year but as things always happen, we both quit writing.

We did see each other in 1990 when he was passing through Dallas and we met at DFW airport during a layover he had but that was the last time we had spoken.

But, a few months back I found him on LinkedIn and connected and then he sent me the message a few weeks ago saying he was going to be in Dallas for a few days.

We met for lunch and it was good catching up.  I think we both turned out pretty well and it makes me wonder how my life would be different if I hadn't moved from Iowa.

As I look back on my childhood, a large number of my fondest memories come from those 2 years in Iowa and being friends with Mark.

It is good to stay in touch with old friends.


No comments: