Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Living Alone

I have spent the last 3 nights home alone as the boys are at their grandmother's and Shelley is volunteering at a church camp. What have I learned? I don't like living alone.

The first night I was laying in bed with a strong urge to talk to someone and this is from someone who really doesn't like to talk. I even had the thought, "why am I feeling this way?"

After thinking about it I realized in my nearly 42 years, I have lived alone for only 28 months.

I lived at home until I was 18 when I went off to college where I always had roommates. After graduating from college I continued to have a roommate until I got married at 23. I was married for 6 years and then I got divorced thus starting my 28 months of living alone. But, I really wasn't alone because I had my trusty dog that greeted me enthusiasticly when I came home. And yes, I did talk to her.

But, now I sit here alone with my only communication with the outside world being Twitter.

1 comment:

mommyofangels said...

Perfect time to do home projects.