Thursday, December 25, 2008

Another Christmas in the Books

Another Christmas has come and gone and I always hate it when it is over. The time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is my favorite time of the year, and I can say this was a really good Christmas.

Our morning started off with a little birthday party for Jesus including cake and singing happy birthday. It's a new tradition and I already like it. It was a great way to start the day.

We then started opening presents, and this is the part I haven't figured out yet. It is always chaos as we open a present then the boys become focused on that gift and want it put together, turned on and figured out at that time before moving on to the next gift. I also determined today that when I win the lottery one thing I will treat myself to is hiring someone to come on Christmas morning and put all the toys together and make sure all the batteries work.

The Gold gift we got the boys was a Wii. (We get them 3 presents, each representing the presents Jesus got with Gold being the big gift). The Wii has been a big hit even with us. We also got Wii Fit, and it is really cool.

After a LONG day of playing it was capped off by a visit from their aunt, uncle and 2cousins which is always a fun time. We spent several more hours playing Wii.

Now we are all exhausted and in bed, and I sit here writing wishing Christmas wasn't over....

No comments: