Monday, January 30, 2012

Happy Birthday Seth

I am a couple days late on this post but I still wanted to mark the occasion with an entry.

On Saturday Seth turned 9. He is really growing up to be a special boy.

We had his birthday party at Rangers Ballpark. I think everyone enjoyed it, especially me. We got a tour of the ballpark and got to see things like the press box, a suite and the underground hitting area. When we entered the hitting area my heart jumped a little because you could hear someone in there taking batting practice. Who is it? Josh, Michael Young, Mitch Moreland??? No, it was some high school kids whose Dad worked for the Rangers.

Despite that disappointment, it was a great tour that ended in the Rangers' dugout.

Seth had invited four friends to his party. Isaiah Brogan, Cameron Bitz, Mason Jordan and Holden Skinner. I got the duty of driving them around and having a car with five 3rd graders can be an experience. But, on the way home the boys started singing Chris Tomlin's "Our God" and then they went into Hillsong's "mighty to save." It really warmed my heart.

Having a 9 year old is making me feel old and I realize the time is going way to fast. It seems just yesterday when we were in the ICU unit feeding him with all these wires and sensors connected to him.

Seth, I love you.

No comments: