Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter

Easter was never a holiday I appreciated or understood. I never really liked hunting for easter eggs or eating chocolate bunnies and the real purpose of the holiday was totally lost on me.

Until I became a Christian I never realized I didn't know what it really meant to be a Christian but I was pretty good at criticizing them. I wonder how many people out there are like I was.

But, now this is the most incredible time. Now that I fully understand and crasp the magnitude of what that empty tomb meant, it overwhelms me. I just pray that this Easter at least one person that was like me finally gets the message.

It is also cool that our boys are learning the meaning of that empty tomb. When Seth is asked what it means, he replies "Jesus is alive."

Yes, he is. HE HAS RISEN!

No comments: