Friday, January 02, 2009

How Old Am I?

Last night Shelley and I went out to eat at Ruth's Chris courtesy of a couple of gift cards Shelley received from a co-worker.

Neither of us had been to this particular steak house, and I had some preconceived ideas about this restaurant for no particular reason. When we got there it was nicer than I had expected, and Shelley and I were both impressed by the fact that they offered her a black napkin since she was wearing black slacks.

This was a particular courtesy that I had never experienced at any other restaurant.

As Shelley and continued to talk about this little bit of extra service I suddenly felt like that 16 year old going on his first date to a "nice" restaurant and having to act like I knew how to crack open the king crab legs I had ordered but in reality I had no idea.

I then snapped back to reality and realized I am still 42 but it was nice feeling 16 again.

No comments: