Sunday, January 25, 2009

Mr. Mom

We have had a tragic event occur this weekend; Shelley got sick. This has disrupted our entire house and thrown me into the role of Mr. Mom. While I feel I have filled the role well, it isn't one I want to have for an extended period of time.

I had birthday party duty on Saturday and that is one duty I have always tried to avoid. Now my resolve is even greater. After 2 hours at Pump It Up with 20+ 5 year olds and not getting home until 10 pm, I am certain this is not a spiritual gift I have.

Shelley also says I am lacking the spiritual gift of nurture but I will leave that to her to post about.

I also got to take them to a play date with some other boys, so it was just me and two other mothers.

Please pray for Shelley's return to health.

No comments: