Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I'm Not Equipped

About three and half years ago I took a new job. This job had the worst training program I have ever seen. When I asked about formal training, I just got blank stares from everyone.

"What about a training manual?" Nope, blank stares again.
"Any kind of documentation?" No such luck.
"Who can I call if I have a question?" There was no one to call I was told.

"What? How am I going to do this?" You'll figure it out I was told.

Well, I haven't figured it out yet and this job of being a father is the hardest thing I have ever done.

Last night we had an "incident" at our T-Ball game. I won't go into all of the ugly details but Seth was just not going to do anything he was asked, not even a simple request to sit on the bench.

But, I did not handle the situation well. But, the worst part is I don't know how I could have handled it any differently.

Someone needs to create some Online Help for this parenting thing...

No comments: