Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Phil and Ted's Most Excellent Stroller

About three years ago we purchased a Phil and Ted's Stroller. We had previously had the standard baby stroller but needed something that offered more flexibility and it fit the bill.

It had nice rubber wheels so it easily went over most terrain, it had the ability to add a second seat for a second child and it folded up to be pretty compact for transport.

Well, two days ago I came home to find that Shelley had given it away. Apparently I had failed to notice we weren't using it anymore. Even though it was a good cause, I felt she had given away part of our boys' childhood.

This stroller had made numerous trips to the park, taken us around the zoo and traversed places like Sea World. Wherever our boys had gone it was always there.

It wasn't the loss of the stroller that bothered me but the loss of no longer having toddlers. While in previous post I have written about the joys of watching them grow up, enjoying racing cars with them and going to t-ball games, there is still a part of me that doesn't want them to grow up and them no longer needed a stroller is just a reminder that I can't stop the process.

I am going to issue this warning right now, I will be a wreck at their graduations and weddings.

2 comments:

Jeremy@Life of an Ant said...

I think part of me is afraid of having kids because I don't want to see them grow up so fast. This won't stop me, of course, from having kids.

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. We had saved all of KT's stuff, always assuming that there would be another little one in our future. I had a garage sale last weekend and put some of her baby stuff and my maternity clothes out. I priced it all too high so that nobody would buy any of it!!! It's hard letting go.