Wednesday, September 12, 2007

School Bans American Flag

I just read this story about Hobbton High School in Newton Grove, NC where they banned students from displaying the American flag.

The new rule stems from a controversy over students wearing shirts bearing flags of other countries.

The superintendent of schools in Sampson County calls the situation unfortunate, but says educators didn’t want to be forced to pick and choose which flags should be permissible.



They didn't want to "pick and choose?"

This definitely is a Bill O'Reily most ridiculous item of the day.

I emailed the principal and expressed my opinion. wesleyj@sampson.k12.nc.us

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm loving KT's new school. They say the pledge every morning and today she came home singing "my country tis of thee...."

mommyofangels said...

The whole flag thing was because different gangs were associating themselves with flags of different countries. This was reversed last week.