Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 In Review

2007 was a tough year, maybe one of my toughest. I can't really give you one reason or one catostrophic event that made it so tough, but it has been very tough and I am praying for a great 2008.

Last January 1st, I posed a few questions to my self. They were:

1. What amazing things will God do in my life?
Like I said, 2007 was a tough year. But I am blessed in so many ways.
2. Is Seth riding his bicycle?
Yes
3. Is Chase potty trained?
Not yet, but he is close.
4. Where am I working and do I enjoy it?
I am working at National Bankruptcy Services and I am not really enjoying it.
5. What will become of my livetoshoot.com venture.
It is still going and actually growing.
6. What new interests do the boys have?
Seth likes playing the piano, playing soccer, t-ball, reading, riding
his bike playing with new laptop, power rangers, Lightening McQueen and
Spiderman.

Chase likes Kindermusik, playing the piano, Power Rangers, the Wiggles, Little
Bear, playing with his laptop, Spiderman, Dallas Cowboys and pirates.

7. What is something new that I will learn?
I learned a lot about the gun business and I learned that I can go 21 days
without a Diet Coke.


8. Is Thomas the Tank Engine still a major player in our household?
Not as much but he is still around.
9. Did Newt Gingrich announce he will run for President?
Unfortunately, he did not.

I will post my questions for 2008 in a seperate post.

Now for my 2007 review.

- Started a new gun business called Live to Shoot.
- Cowboys lost to Seattle in the playoffs when Tony Romo dropped the snap on a field goal.
- Bill Parcells quit and Wade Phillips replaced him.
- Did a 21 day fast and it was one of the hardest things I've done.
- Seth turned 4 and Chase turned 2.
- Michael Irvin was inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame.
- February was 10 years since Shelley and my first date.
- A very dear friend suffered a horrible loss.
- I got my concealed handgun license.
- Seth learned how to ride a bike (with training wheels)
- We took a vacation to Oklahoma where we went fishing.
- I quit my job at Loanlink and started as VP of Operations at National Bankruptcy Services.
- We switched from satelite to AT&T U-Verse.
- We got hit by severe storms that caused us to replace our roof and fence.
- I took the boys on a tour of Texas Stadium
- We took another vacation to Memphis.
- I turned 41. :-(
- Seth started Pre-K
- Shelley's Grandmother died
- Seth blossomed as a soccer player.
- Chase started using the potty.
- Newt announced he wouldn't run for President
- We travelled to KC for Christmas (our 3rd vacation and it has to be a record for me).
- The Cowboys finished 13 - 3, won the NFC East and have home field advantage in the playoffs.

No comments: