Sunday, December 23, 2007

Car Shopping

This past week my truck spent 3 days in the shop. My water pump went out and it caused it to over heat and blow out all the hoses. There was a time when we thought the engine block was cracked thus turning my 8 year old truck with 116000 miles into a big paper weight. So, I started thinking about getting a new vehicle. Well, the engine wasn't cracked but I think it might be time to replace my truck.

I'm considering either a Tahoe or the new Saturn Outlook. I actually went to a Saturn dealership this weekend and looked at them and even test drove one and really liked it. The salesman told me they had some good incentives on 2007s but the only 2007s they had were around $38K and I said that was out of my price range.

He said, "Is there a payment range you are trying to stay in?" and I replied "Yes, $0,I want to pay cash."

He didn't know how to respond to that.

1 comment:

mommyofangels said...

You go boy! Paying in cash, funny how everyone has lost that concept.
We can't go to Disney world next year, because we bought our van, and we want to pay cash for Disney as well.