Thursday, January 03, 2008

4/19/95 - 9:02 AM



As with everyone, there are certain things that I remember exactly where I was when I heard about them. The first obviously being 9/11. Others include the death of Elvis, the Columbia and Challenger disasters, the burning of the Waco compound, and the bombing in Oklahoma city.

I was listening to talk radio as I usually do when they announced that a federal building had blown up in Oklahoma City. Since Internet access was not readily available I was limited to updates via the radio and I remember thinking how this could happen in the US. It was really one of the most disturbing and sad things I had experienced at that time.

Well, on our way home from Christmas we made a detour to see the memorial. I have seen many memorials, mostly war memorials, and none had the affect on me that this one did. I'm sure once the 9/11 memorial is done and I get to visit it, i will have a similar experience. It was very moving and sad, especially seeing the 19 little chairs representing the children that were killed.

If you have an opportunity I suggest you see it.


No comments: