Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Playing in the snow

My favorite part of our recent Christmas vacation is when the boys got to play in the snow. One night, they got about 3 inches of snow at my Mom's house and it was the perfect opportunity for the boys to play in the snow. They had seen snow in the past but it was never enough or last long enough to provide any fun. But this was perfect powder.

So, I went to a local hardware store and bought a plastic sled. Seth and Chase weren't even familar with the concept of sledding so I had to show them.



Once they got the idea, we couldn't get them off of the sleds. They really had a good time and I think they will remember it forever.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember living in Illinois and we had so much fun playing in the snow...Funny seems like we never got cold. I don't know if you myspace or not but if you do, I've been blogging.....
http://www.myspace.com/lauraboytetomlin

Unknown said...

I remember sledding myself, so when we were in Kansas last weekend, staying in the house at the top of the hill, and it just happened to have snowed the night before, I was wishing for a sled, so the kids could try it. The only sled in the house was more appropriate for ice sledding, not the light pack we had. As luck would have it, right after breakfast, two neighbor children brought out a sled like yours and a small snow board. They gladly shared these with my kids until my kids were ready to come back in (not having snow suits, but blue jeans and texas winter coats, they got cold faster then the Kansas natives).