Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Lunesta

I have always had an unusual sleep pattern. I usually only get 5 to 6 hours of sleep every night and am usually up by 5:30 am (Sleeping to 6 am in sleeping in for me). But, also during the 5 to 6 hours I am sleeping, I usually wake up every hour or so. This is the way it has always been and my body has adjusted.

But, since I get so little sleep on a good day, any disruption can leave me feeling exhausted. Over the past month, I have not slept well and have been physically, mentally and emotionally drained.

There is another person I know who probably has an even crazier sleep pattern and that is my wife. Several months ago when she was having some physical problems the doctor prescribed some Lunesta because he felt some of the issues were because of a lack of sleep.

So, last night I tried one of her Lunestas and all I can say is WOW! It is actually a little scary because remember very little after I took it and I don't think I even moved during the night. Someone could have come in, stuffed me in a bag and thrown me into the Hudson river and I would have never known it.

1 comment:

Lolly said...

Jeff, thanks for the backup help. I definitely need to do something. This has been a nightmare.

Glad you had great results from the Lunesta. I have been taking Ambien for years. A couple of years ago I switched to Lunesta for a couple of weeks, and it was horrible. It didn't do the trick for me. Ambien is a great backup if the Lunesta doesn't continue to work.

I have never done anything crazy on Ambien (that I'm aware of), but there have been events that I participated in that I didn't remember :)