Thursday, September 04, 2008

More Curve Balls

Over three years ago one of my first blog posts was a post called "Life's Curve Balls."  Right now, life has thrown me several curve balls that I never saw coming and some of them have been right at my head.  The most disappointing thing is that the person standing on the pitcher's mound is someone I care deeply about.

The other day I read a quote from Brian Houston of Hillsong Church where he said, "Leadership is proven in the valleys, not at the mountaintop!"

Well, I also believe character is proven in the valleys as well and I have learned a lot about people's character.  

John McCain wasn't my first choice for the Republican nominee but I have gained a lot of respect for him as I have heard his story.  He never quit, never backed down and he kept fighting and in the end he was victorious.  Well, I'm not backing down from this fight either and I will come out the other side a better person.

Joshua 1:9

I command you - be strong and courageous!  Do not be afraid or discouraged.  For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.



No comments: