Monday, June 27, 2005

Leadership Assessment Results

I received the results from the online leadership assessment I took. Just to level set, I did a self-assessment and then sent a request to supervisors, direct reports and colleagues to do a similar assessment.

The results don't indicate whether I am a good or a bad leader, but points out my strengths and areas where I may want to improve.

The assessment looked at four primary areas: Authenticity, Navigation, Architecture, and Community. Out of a possible 50 points, my scores were:

Authenticity - 48.5
Navigation - 43.4
Architecture - 41.3
Community - 41.6

Each of these primary categories consists of two sub-categories worth 25 points each.

Authenticity
  • Credibility - 24.5 points
  • Maturity - 24 points
Navigation
  • Purpose - 22.1 points
  • Pathfinding - 21.3 points
Architecture
  • Personal Genius - 20.8 points
  • Organization Innovation - 20.4 points
Community
  • Perpetual Leadership - 19.8 points
  • Engagement - 21.7 points
So my strength lies in the area of Credibility and my weakness in the area of Perpetual Leadership. Some questions pertaining to Credibility are "is honest and straightforward," "treats others with dignity and respect," and "demonstrates personal accountability."

Some questions pertaining to Perpetual Leadership are "coaches others on their development as leaders," "provides large, challenging roles to others," and "shares leadership responsibilities."

I appreciate everyone who took part in this and the feedback provided. I will take the information to heart and begin searching for ways to improve.

No comments: