Friday, June 17, 2005

We are Home

We brought Chase home today so we have now officially begun the next leg of our journey.

I haven't posted much this week because I obviously have been a little busy with other things. But, that isn't the only reason. I sat down several times but I have had so many crazy emotions I couldn't really put a complete sentence together.

I have experienced joy with the birth of Chase; we have had deep sadness as we have experienced an unexpected loss in our family; and I have anxiety about being the father of two and fear of the change we are about to experience in our life.

I am writing it because we have a saying in our household to "say it out so you don't act it out." I thought I would write it out this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll do fine. You have a lifetime of examples of both what to do as well as what NOT to do. You are on the right path. Parents should be home, sports are for fun and an education is important. Just don't forget to teach them about the rest of the world. It can be pretty rough out there on your own.