Friday, September 29, 2006

How Did We Ever Cook Hotdogs without a Microwave?

For some reason the other day I was thinking about Shelley's Grandmother who is in her 90's now and all of the technology changes she has seen. She grew up to see automobile travel, airplane travel, TV, man on the moon, the internet just to name a few. Will I see such significant changes? Well, here is a list of a few things that I didn't have when I was kid in no specific order.

1. The internet
2. Email
3. Cell phones
4. Text messaging
5. VCR/DVD player (we got our first VCR when I was a freshman in colleg)
6. Microwave (we got our first microwave when I was 13 or so) How did we ever make hotdogs or popcorn?
7. Answering machine
8. Call waiting - Does anyone remember what it was like to call and get a busy signal?
9. Cable TV/Satelite TV - I didn't get cable until I was 24 years old.
10. Home computers.
11. Digital cameras
12. ATM Machines
13. MP3 players

What technologies did we not have when you were a kid?

No comments: