Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I'm a Pack Rat

I have always had trouble throwing things out. As I ponder throwing something away, the thought always races through my head, "I may need this someday." Now don't misunderstand me I don't have a garage full of old newspapers or drawers crammed with rubber bands. I also have a conflicting need for organization and order so I have this constant internal battle raging. I know my counselor would ask me "when was the first time I felt this way" but I don't feel like going that deep at this time.

Well, yesterday Shelley decided to call the Salvation Army to come pick up a few things and she wanted to give away some clothes so she asked me to go through my closet and pick out some things. In the past, this might result in a half a dozen shirts or so because we all know that I might need that t-shirt I got at the 5K race 5 years ago.

Last night I attacked this project though with a new sense of resolve. When all was said and done I had a stack of clothes well over 2 feet high laying in our bathroom floor. I was pretty proud of myself and I still managed to keep a few of those 5K t-shirts.

No comments: