Wednesday, September 06, 2006

This has had me up at night

Two Fox News journalists were taken captive several weeks ago and recently released. During their ordeal Steve Centanni and Olaf Wiig were forced to convert to Islam at gun point.

This has had me asking myself, "what would I do?"

I have been thinking about the Apostles and how they all died when they refused to denounce their faith or Jesus. Paul was beheaded, Simon Peter was crucified upside down and James Alpheus was stoned to death to just name a few.

I would like to think that my faith would be strong enough but I have to admit I am not sure. I think I might just view it as "temporary" and that God would know what is truly in my heart. As I run this scenerio through my head the faces of Shelley, Seth and Chase continue to pop in my mind as I ponder this decision. But, then I begin thinking about being "forced" to convert to a religion that the only way it can get converts is at gun point and I think I actually might refuse.

What would you do?

2 comments:

mommyofangels said...

No way. Jesus says "But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven."

That's playing with fire. Never ever would I deny Jesus, I don't care if they kill and torture my kids. That's the one thing I just can't do. EVER.

Anonymous said...

I don't know, remember Peter? We are all represented in the disciples. We are all sinners saved by Gods grace.