Sunday, July 01, 2007

Uverse Update

I thought I would post an update on how the U-verse service from AT&T is going. Overall it is fine. We really enjoy the ability to tape up to 4 shows at once and we have been getting a lot of use of the On Demand feature. I have had to call support a couple of times because of problems with the set top box but, the support staff is very friendly and have been able to resolve the problem.

My biggest issue is with the release of new features. From my original post I mentioned 2 features I was hoping to get soon.

The first was "whole home DVR." This is what my original post said
We will soon be able to access our recordings from any tv in the house.

The other feature was caller ID displayed on the TV. This is what I said in the post

Also, I find it ironic that we are purchasing this from the phone company and the one feature we lost was the ability to have caller id appear on the screen when a call comes in. But, this is something they will be adding soon.

As you can see I was told that both of these would be coming soon. But, below you can see the recently released schedule for new features and both of these are scheduled for late 2008. Yes, 2008, not 2007. I guess AT&T's definition of "soon" and my definition are a little different.



No comments: