Thursday, April 05, 2007

AT&T U-Verse Install

Today we got our AT&T U-Verse installed and everything went great. Three techs showed up at 9 AM and it took them about four hours to do the install.

I really like the service so far. Our Internet speed went from 4 Mpbs to 6 Mpbs and our upload speed went from 500 Kpbs to 1 Mpbs.

We also now have the ability to record up to three shows while we watch a fourth. We will soon be able to access our recordings from any tv in the house. We are also able to schedule recordings from the Internet.

Every receiver is already HD ready so no additional expense was required and AT&T gave us HD service free for a year.

I am not a big fan of how they do their guide. They overlay it over the current picture but it is somewhat transparent so you can still see the video through it but it is kind of strange. Also, I find it ironic that we are purchasing this from the phone company and the one feature we lost was the ability to have caller id appear on the screen when a call comes in. But, this is something they will be adding soon.

I have dealt with AT&T a lot in the last few days and have been very pleased. In addition to adding U-verse I also switched my work phone from Sprint to Cingular. Every person I have dealt with has been very nice and very professional.

No comments: