Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Cell Phones on Planes

The FCC has been reviewing its ban on cell phone usage on airplanes since 2004. The FCC is concerned with cell phones in the air interfering with cell phone networks on the ground.

The agency said that there is "insufficient technical information" as to whether cell phones in the air would jam networks on the ground. So, the agency as decided to keep the ban in affect. But, they also received an outpouring of comments from travellers not wanting to lift the ban and I have to agree. Can you imagine being on a three hour flight and having to listen to the yahoo next to you on his phone?

Read the article here.

Another ban I would like to see put into affect is a ban on cell phones in public restrooms. Nothing I hate more than listening to the guy in the stall next to me talk to his wife while I am trying to do my business.

1 comment:

mommyofangels said...

I agree with the second one...and I guess the first one as well.