Friday, April 27, 2007

Flying First Class

Yesterday I flew to San Diego and back all in one day. That makes for a long day but at least on my return trip I got to fly in first class. I'm not sure how because I didn't upgrade and I didn't purchase a first class ticket. But, it made it awkard because I was travelling with my boss and he was in coach. So, I had that internal battle as whether to give my boss my seat or not. Ultimately, I chose not to so we'll see how that works out for my career.

1 comment:

Don Hayward said...

At the age of 15, I went on a trip to France with some of the French club. When I got on the plane, I ended up trading tickets with one of the older students so he could sit next to a girl he was interested in. I hadn't looked at his ticket, but it ended up putting me in the middle of the back row of the plane. Great. Shortly after I sat down, a French family of five came up, and my new seat had been double assigned. Just before takeoff I volunteered to trade spaces with the French gentleman so he could sit with his family. The stewardess told me that she would be back after takeoff.

Not 30 feet off of the ground, and she comes back with the French gentleman who stammers out a fumbling "Thank you", and I am walking forward. We walk past my teacher, past my friends, past the partition. I had an aisle seat in the center section. I can't imagine two seats more different then these two.

They wouldn't let my French teacher come forward to find out what was going on. I had to get up and walk back to the partition to talk to her. Needless to say it was a very comfortable trip from DFW to Paris. Unfortunately, I couldn't repeat the experience on the trip back.