Monday, April 02, 2007

What Are Some Parents Thinking?

Sorry about the picture quality but it was the best I could do inconspicuously with my camera phone. This is a picture of a little boy I saw today in the waiting room of a doctor's office. He is wearing a 1 piece, pink, short jump suit thingy and flip flops. It was the most ridiculous outfit I have seen and to compound the problem, what the picture doesn't show is that his older brother (not a twin) was dressed EXACTLY like him. How will these boys ever have a normal life.

Then just a few minutes after this picture was taken, he was standing in front of his mother with a death grip on his penis telling her he had to go to the bathroom. She was on the phone and told him to wait. He stood there for almost four more minutes, was on the verge of tears and I was just about to grab him and run to the bathroom before she finally got off the phone. (Come on, the last thing a boy dressed like that needs is to wet his pants.) His mother then had the nerve to tell him to hurry as they were running to the bathroom.

3 comments:

amyerj said...

Cracks me up all over again... I hope the mom somehow hits this post. She really needs some help.

Oda Daddy said...

Too funny. Reminds me of a little boy I see every week at story time. He wears overalls that are "decorated" like some kind of animal or holiday EVERY week. Poor kid.

-OD

mommyofangels said...

Poor kid... some parents need to be slapped up side the head.