Sunday, April 22, 2007

Dancing and Cake

Last night we attended a wedding and after the traditional first dance between the bride and groom and the father and bride dance, the DJ asked all married couples to go to the dance floor. Those around us including Shelley all looked at me and I tried to resist the peer pressure.

I commented that it would end the streak. The last time we danced was the night we met but I finally gave in to go dance with my wife for the 2ND time since we have known each other.

But, soon after we started dancing the DJ began calling off couples who had been married less than 2 years, less than 4 years, etc. We finally stepped off at less than 8 years and it finally ended with a couple who had been married 40 years.

The DJ then asked everyone back on the dance floor to dance to Unchained Melody so I grabbed her hand to take her to the dance floor but she blurted out, "I want cake."

HUh?
(Note to self, if I want to get out of dancing in the future, offer cake.)

My reprieve didn't last long because the next song was I Can't Help Falling in Love by Elvis.

So, now the count is up to 3 dances in 10 years.

1 comment:

amyerj said...

And I've seen 2/3 of them? Lucky me!