Thursday, April 19, 2007

My First Day

Today was my first day on my new job and it was relatively uneventful. The majority of my time was spent doing HR stuff.

The biggest issue I am having is a lack of control. Yes, I have control issues. When you are someplace for 11 years you get to where you dictate your own day and events. Right now, my office is temporary, I don't have a laptop yet, I don't know how to access my voice mail and until about 4:30 today, I didn't even have a trash can. I haven't even met the people who report to me. It is quite the adjustment for me.

Also, after running the IT department I am finding it odd not having some of the perks I was use to or the level of access. Oh, well, I'll adjust (I hope).

2 comments:

amyerj said...

Hard to let go of it, huh? I know, I can only anticipate the same.

I give you six weeks and you'll be running the place, everyone will love and respect you as much as the old crew, and you'll have a mid-day Diet Coke run all picked out.

Find me a gig there and I'll join you asap. =)

Miss you bunches. xoxo

Jeremy@Life of an Ant said...

Hang in there. Like Amyerj said, you will find you niche soon.