Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Day Two of our Vacation

Day two started off with me realizing that despite how nice the Peabody is, I really like the free continental breakfast at places like Hampton Inns. We tried to find a place for breakfast but had no luck so had to settle on some things purchased from a small shop in the hotel. I don't know but I imagine it cost a small fortune.

The next stop on our journey was The Clinton Presidential Library. I imagine those that know me are shocked but we have a plan. Shelley and I committed to take the boys to all of the Presidential libraries and figured we would start with President Clinton's when they were young so they wouldn't remember it. :-)

It is a really nice facility with beautiful grounds. I also got to read about all the good work and great results President Clinton's gun laws had. (tongue firmly in my cheek).



After leaving the library our next stop was Memphis. We took a "Duck" tour of the city once we got there. If you are in a city like Boston, Baltimore, Memphis, Seattle or Philadelphia that offers one of these tours, I recommend it. It is a different way of seeing the city you are visiting.

After the tour we went to our friends, Diane and Tim, where we were staying and got to enjoy her fried okra. This may have been the highlight of the day.

Day Three tomorrow..

No comments: