Thursday, August 23, 2007

Another Post About Elvis

Here is another post about Elvis and I can't promise it won't be my last.

Back in 1997 when Shelley and I went to Memphis for the 20th anniversary of Elvis' death we got to do a lot of neat things. This was when The Ordeal occurred and I don't include it in that list of "neat" things.

But, the highlight of the week was attending the very first Elvis Presley in Concert event.
This is a live show that has toured the world and features all of Elvis' previous back up singers and band who all perform live while Elvis performs via video on big screens above the stage. It is a very impressive show and if they ever start touring again and appear in your city, I highly recommend it.

But, the highlight of the show was this duet between Elvis and Lisa Marie singing "Don't Cry Daddy." It was very moving then and it still chokes me up when I watch it today. This video isn't the best but it gives you an idea of what it was like.

If you can't see the video then click this link.

No comments: