Saturday, August 04, 2007

Congratulations Michael Irvin



Congratulations to Michael Irvin for his induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. As a die hard Cowboy fan I love it anytime a Cowboy gets put into the Hall of Fame but the Cowboys of the Nineties are very special to me.

I grew up a Cowboys fan but never lived in Texas so to finally be living in Dallas when the Cowboys experienced arguably their biggest success was very special to me. And Michael Irvin was a key component of that success. He has been referred to as the heart of the team and that is easy to see if you look at how they were after he got hurt in 1999, they were never the same.

Now, I know Michael might not be a popular choice because of his off the field problems but no one can argue about what he did on the field. I won't defend his choices but I will say I believe he is not the same person any longer and deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.

Now we just need to get the other Dallas wide receiver who wore 88 into the Hall of Fame.

No comments: