Monday, June 16, 2008

Biloxi





On the 3rd day of our vacation we made a stop in Biloxi, MS. We took a guided tour of some of Biloxi and I have to be honest, I was really affected by it.

Everyone heard and saw what Katrina did to New Orleans but to me it seems Biloxi was not mentioned. Well, after riding around and hearing the stories, I have a special respect for the people of Biloxi.

It is amazing what that storm did and 3 years later how Biloxi is still struggling to make it back. Where there were houses and businesses now are empty lots. Historic buildings are just gone and Biloxi's population is only about 60% of what it was prior to Katrina. But, the good news is they didn't give up and they are making it back.

I wonder if they will ever achieve what they are all seeking and that is for things to be back to normal.

No comments: