Friday, August 01, 2008

Dinner and a Movie

When Shelley and I went on our first date I defaulted to the standard "dinner and a movie." I took her to Pappadeaux's and to see this movie. Little did I know that she doesn't like seafood and hates going to movies. (It's a miracle I got a second date.)

In fact, in the 11 years we have been together I could probably count on one hand the number of movies we have gone together. I could also probably count on the other hand the number of movies that I have rented that she has sat through as well.

So, imagine my surprise a couple of weeks ago when I turned on Batman Begins and she sat through and watched all of it with great interest. I was even more surprised when a week later I suggested going to see The Dark Knight and she actually said yes.

Then last night I come home to find this movie on our DVR and once again she watched it with great interest.

Why all this sudden interest in movies I asked myself.

Well, I started to notice a pattern. What do all of these movies have in common? Yes, they all star Christian Bale and I am quiet certain, given the opportunity she would leave me for him in a heart beat. But, I'm comfortable with that.

No comments: