Sunday, August 17, 2008

Worry

I am a professional worrier. I have been doing it as long as I can remember and even had an ulcer by the time I was 16. Even if there isn't anything to worry about, I then worry about that. I find myself actually looking for things to worry about at times.

Tonight, Craig Groeschel from Lifechurch.TV visited our church and presented a message about worry entitled "Choked Out". I learned that I have made worry my friend when it is actually my enemy.

His definition of worry is "worry is the sin of distrusting the promises and power of God."

The 3 steps to stop the strangle hold of worry.

1. I will do what God asks me to do.
2. I will give God what I cannot do.
3. No matter what happes I will trust God.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart aand lean not on your own understanding ; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

I have already started practicing these 3 steps and have found a change in my outlook.

God is good..

No comments: