Monday, October 03, 2005

W-A-L-K

One of our family activities is our family walks. Shelley and I have been doing them since our family only consisted of her, Dusty and myself. When we originally started them we had to spell the word "walk" anytime we talked about it because it was one of Dusty's favorite things to do and just hearing the word, "walk" would send her into crazy excitement. So, we might say something like "Do you feel like going on a W-A-L-K tonight?".

Well, we have continued with the walks but now our family makeup has changed. I remember the first time we went for a W-A-L-K after we lost Dusty and I spelled it out of habit. It made me sad but the tradition has continued because now Seth associates going on a W-A-L-K as going to the park. So, again we have a need to spell it but I know it won't be long before Seth can spell but maybe Chase will help us continue the tradition.

No comments: