Sunday, October 28, 2007

Baseball as America


Today we went to the Dallas Museum of Nature and Science and besides their normal exhibits, they have a special exhibit called Baseball as America.

It is a travelling exhibit put together by the Baseball Hall of Fame and has some incredible exhibits including a Honus Wagner card, a copy of Willie Mays' contract, and a pair of "Shoeless" Joe Jackson shoes. But one that took me back to my childhood was George Brett's infamous "Pine Tar Bat."

We all had a great time and I recommend seeing it if you get a chance.

1 comment:

Christine Rogers said...

Hi, Jeff.

I provide PR support for the Museum of Nature and Science and the Baseball as America exhibit.

After seeing your post, I thought you and other baseball fans might be interested to know about a free lecture series featuring these baseball greats held at MNS:

HOFer Lou Brock - 11/8
ESPN reporter and sports analyst Tim Kirkjian - 12/12
HOFer Tommy Lasorda - 1/8

I don't want to inundate you with too much info, so I'll just provide the link to learn more: http://www.natureandscience.org/baseball/public_programs.asp

Thanks for touring the exhibit this weekend. We're glad you could come!

Christine Rogers
Richards Partners (on behalf of Museum of Nature and Science)
christine_rogers@richards.com