Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Marathons are in the air

The temperature is getting cooler, the leaves are starting to fall and the smell of marathons are in the air.

This weekend is the New York City Marathon and I have a hankering to run another marathon.

This will be the 3rd year since 1999 that I haven't run in a marathon. I didn't run in 2002 because I took it off to prepare for the birth of Seth. I didn't run in 2005 because Chase was just born and having a newbord and training for a marathon just didn't mix. And, I took off this year because truthfully I thought I was done running marathons.

But, I'm missing it and I know that is news Shelley doesn't want to here. But as each month passes by, the memory of how it hurts get fainter. But, despite all the aches and pains associated with it, there is an incredible rush of finishing.

I've never had a formal press conference announcing my retirement even though in this post I hinted at it.

We'll see what next year brings..

1 comment:

Shelley said...

For a minute there I thought maybe it was really April Fool's Day instead of Halloween. But perhaps today is the best day to announce this since you must be trying to scare me. :-)