Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Paying for Our Raising

Shelley and I often comment that we are "paying for our raising" with our two little blessings. One of our prayers is that they are both blessed with two boys that are 2.5 years apart and maybe throw a little girl in there for good measure.

This is really evident with Chase.

First, he got a double dose of stubbornness. Last night I over reacted and got on to him and sent him to his room. I shortly there after went in to apologize to him and he wouldn't talk to me. He rolled over, turned his back to me and said "Out!" We'll see if he talks to me tonight.

Shelley and I both have some terrible sleeping tendencies. Shelley can't go to sleep but once she does, she can't wake up. Me on the other hand can go to sleep at a moments notice but I toss and turn all night.

I think between the two of us on of us is awake at any given moment during the night.

Well, Mr. Chase got all of those. He has trouble going to sleep and then he tosses and turns all night. I feel sorry for whoever he marries because he also can't sleep length ways but has to sleep across the bed with his feet buried in the rib cage of his bed partner. He has slept in our bed for the last three nights and I have the bruised ribs to prove it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Definitely a little girl in the mix. For both of them. My daughter can turn on the tears at the drop of a hat. I can't express how many times I have to tell her, in public, that I'm not going to let that bother me when she's older, so she had better unlearn that trait right now.

I am very big on my kids not sleeping with me. I am a pretty sound sleeper, but my wife isn't. I don't like dealing with her in the morning after one of the kids tries to sleep with us, so when I hear that one of them tried to climb into my bed, we have a talk the next morning, and I explain how small my Queen size bed really is (Wife + dog + cat + me + 1 kid = me teetering on the edge).

And don't get me started with sleeping horizontally. The good news is that they are growing out of it. I think it's because they are almost taller then their beds are wide.