Friday, November 23, 2007

The Day After Thanksgiving

We've created our own little tradition and that is the day after Thanksgiving is when we put up our Christmas decorations. This morning both boys woke up and were ready to start decorating the tree. They were both so excited you would have thought it was actually Christmas.

After decorating the tree, listening to some Christmas songs and having an overall good time, Seth proclaimed "this is the best day ever."

It was a good day.

We then went out and spent a couple of hours putting up lights in the bushes, along the sidewalk and down the driveway. They couldn't wait for it to get dark so they could see the result of their hard work.

It was a good day.

1 comment:

Idaho Dad said...

I used to wait until the weekend after Thanksgiving, but I grew tired of being outside in the freezing temps trying to string lights. I'm also paranoid about an icy roof. So I got the lights up just after Halloween when it was still in the 40's. I think that's my new tradition!