Saturday, August 27, 2005

The Filling Station

When Shelley and I were dating we once went to a restaurant called The Filling Station. During that date Shelley entered into a conversation with a woman at a neighboring table and discovered that the man she was with was married. She was the "other woman". Shelley evangelized and lectured her that she needed to change her ways. When her date returned from the bathroom he was not too happy about the conversation but didn't take his anger out on Shelley but on me.

I'm telling this story because last night Shelley and I went on a date. We went out to a restaurant that we had to wait an hour to get a seat and it didn't have a kid's menu. We had a wonderful time and during this date it made me remember times such as the one described above when we were dating.

Our pastor, Ed Young, always talks about the importance of married couples having a "Date Night". Shelley and I have done a poor job of following his advice but now that we have 2 children and very little quiet time, I am realizing how important it is. Last night energized our relationship and I hope we can continue this practice. I'm reaching out to our family to be there when we need that babysitter.

1 comment:

Jeff Dowdle said...

Thanks Stephanie, we will be calling . :-)