Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Marathon Withdrawals

I have run 5 marathons in the last 6 years but have made a decision to take this year off because of the recent birth of our second son. I made the same decision when our first son was born. But this past weekend would have been my first weekend of training if I was going to run in the Dallas White Rock Marathon and I'm missing it a little.

Shelley has encouraged me to stop running marathons but no formal decision has been made. I am taking this year off but no retirement decision has been made. But you never know when a press conference might be scheduled.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Ah, how quickly one forgets the comment "Remind me of how much pain I'm in and how I had to drive myself home" when there is a little distance from the event. You are on your own, Sparky, if you decide to do another one. :-)