Tuesday, August 02, 2005

West Nile

When I came home yesterday the city had posted a notice on our door that a mosquito that tested positive for West Nile was found in our neighborhood. It then continued on with tips on what to do and what not to do. It basically boiled down to not going outside during the morning or evening hours and if you do wear long pants and long sleeves.

It's August in Texas and the only time you want to be outside is in the morning or evening, and long pants and long sleeves? Again, it's TEXAS!

As I was dumping the water from my son's blow up pool in order to "eliminate any possible breeding grounds", I was getting irritated. Not only do my kids face the threat of sexual predators, abductors and other various sickos, they can't even play in their own back yard because of a stickin' mosquito.

No comments: