Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Morning Good Bye Kisses

I usually leave for the office very early in the morning and Shelley is almost always asleep. This morning she was awake and I got to kiss her good bye. This made me realize a small change that having children brought to our lives.

Prior to having kids, every morning before leaving for work I would kiss Shelley on her cheek while she slept. Once we had Seth I remember the first time I attempted this. Just as my lips made contact with her cheek, she lept about 3 feet in the air and instantly began checking on her sleeping baby. My lovely wife was now in "Mommy Mode." No longer would she sleep so soundly that I could kiss her without disturbing her. She now sleeps with one ear listening for that next hungry cry.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I've missed those.