Saturday, August 05, 2006

Congratulations Troy and Rayfield

Today numbers 8 and 9 of Dallas Cowboys Hall of Famers were inducted, Rayfield Wright and Troy Aikman. I'm not going to go into the fact that a great franchise like the Dallas Cowboys only has 9 Hall of Famers, I'll save that for another day.

I saw Rayfield Wright play but I really don't have any memories of it. But, I did get to watch almost every game Troy Aikman played and it was a pleasure. I got to see Troy at his very best and very worst. Unfortunately, I don't think Dallas fans truly ever appreciated what they had in Troy Aikman. Even when he was winning Super Bowls, fans criticized him for not being mobil, not throwing enough touchdowns, etc. He just wasn't as flashy as some of the other quarterbacks playing but those other quarterbacks weren't winning Super Bowls either. I always remember thinking that the fans won't appreciate what they have in Troy until he is gone and that is what is happening today. It has been 6 years since Troy played and Dallas isn't anywhere near to finding the next Troy or Roger Staubach. We had to wait 10 years after Roger to find Troy so we may have a long wait ahead of us. Even if we never find another one, we were truly fortunate to get to watch him play.

Again, Congratulations Troy and Rayfield!

No comments: