Monday, August 28, 2006

Has Seth Been Kidnapped?

Last night at dinner Shelley and I wondered if Seth had been kidnapped and replaced by an exact replica. We had just gone through over 24 hours of excellent behavior with him making really good choices. He and I had spent a good part of the day out and about and he was an absolute joy. He did everything I asked and didn't complain when it was time to leave something he was enjoying. Then at dinner, he actually ate and this included spinach.

But, alas, not to worry. The aliens must have returned our little boy when we weren't looking because at bed time he went into what I like to think of as his "4 corners technique". If you aren't familar with this term it was an old strategy used in basketball games by a team that was leading and wanted to run as much time off of the game clock as possible. His techniques include wanting just "1 more story" read. How can a decent parent turn down a child that wants to be read to, correct?. But his favorite move is he announces with a look of impending doom, "I've got to poo poo". He then sits, and sits and sits on the toilet and when Shelley's patience runs out and takes him back to his room it is only a matter of minutes before the alarm sounds again, "I've got to poo poo."

I guess a good parent would be relieved that their child had not been abducted by aliens, correct?

No comments: