Thursday, August 10, 2006

Shhhhhhhh, Chase is Sleeping

We are saying "Shhhhhh, Chase is sleeping" a lot lately, or at least whenever we can get him to sleep. He is having a lot of trouble going to sleep and then staying to sleep so things are a little crazy around our house. And, once he is asleep, we all go into "tip toe" mode, not wanting to make even the slightest noise in fear of waking him up because if we do, it might be hours before he goes back to sleep.

The only way we can get him to go to sleep is either by pushing him in his stroller or driving him around in the car. Last night I loaded him up in my truck for our nightly routine and we hit the roads of the Metroplex. It took nearly an hour of driving around and I was about to give up before I heard his gentle breathing turn into a quiet snore.

Once home I have to begin the difficult task of transferring him from the truck into his bed without disturbing him. I can only imagine a more difficult task would be disarming a nuclear bomb while wearing roller blades and covered in fire ants. Last night I had just completed the difficult task of unbuckling his car seat without disturbing him and was preparing for the move of pulling him out of the seat when our neighbors had the nerve to get in their car and start the engine. "Noooooo" I screamed in my head and I stood frozen as they pulled out of their driveway. I just prayed he wouldn't wake up. He adjusted in his seat a little but didn't wake up. "Thank you lord" I thought.

Last night's mission was a success but I know I will have to do it all over again tonight.

No comments: