Saturday, February 09, 2008

9-1-1

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have been sick. When I get sick, I get really sick. One tendency I have is to become dehydrated. One of the first times this happened was back in 2000. Shelley and I were living apart because she had been transferred for her job. Read more about that here. So, I was home alone and had spent a significant amount of time at the toilet until I was completely dehydrated. This led me to passing out, bashing my head on the toilet, cutting my head open and getting a black eye.

Well, it happened yesterday but apparently it was even worse. This time I was in the living room, talking with someone who had come to meet with me when everything started to fade out. I remember getting to a chair to sit down and then the next thing I remember was waking up to Shelley over me crying. Apparently not only did I pass out but I actually quit breathing and started to turn blue for a short period of time. This prompted Shelley to dial 9-1-1 but before she hung up with them, I came around so the EMTs were never dispatched.

I don't remember any of it but I have to admit, I was scared after that for awhile.

3 comments:

mommyofangels said...

DRINK WATER LOTS OF IT..... I'm glad you are ok.....How scary...blue huh, smurf blue? Trying to make light of a serious situation... glad you are ok..

Anonymous said...

I hope you're still doing well and taking care of yourself! Good luck this week.

Anonymous said...

Dude, just reading this gave me chills..... I feel for Shelley....