Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Birthday Ring

I am not a bad father but I don't think I will ever win a "Father of the Year Award." I make a lot of mistakes but I finally got one right.

Last week when I was preparing for my trip to Vegas, Seth gave me a plastic ring he calls his "birthday ring" (not sure why) and said I could take it with me to Las Vegas.
It really touched me so I made a point to set it out where I wouldn't forget it.

The next morning we had to leave the house at 6 am to drop me off at the airport so we loaded two very sleepy boys into the car and headed to the airport. On the way, a sleepy Seth asked "Daddy, did you bring my birthday ring?" As I pulled it out to show him I was so glad I had actually remembered to bring it.

The smile on his face said it all to me.

No comments: