Friday, February 22, 2008

Sad Note

Last night I met Shelley and the boys at church so we could attend one of the conference sessions and the first thing she says to me is that Seth had something to tell me.

But, Seth said he didn't want to so Shelley proceeded to tell me that he had gotten a "sad note" from school. When I heard that, I took a deep breath, processed the information and tried to understand what I had just heard.

Everyday his teacher sends home a notebook and for that day they either get a sticker or a "sad note." When school started last August I would ask everyday if he got a sticker and the answer was always yes. I finally started taking it for granted and quit asking and had even forgot that the system was still in place.

Seth was on an incredible run, he had not had one bad report of any kind so when I heard this news I was shocked.

Now my dreams of Seth having some type of Cal Ripken streak has ended. Oh well, I think he has learned something from this incident and so I think it may have been more valuable than getting a sticker.

No comments: